Friday, September 4, 2015

The Force Awakens

To say I am excited about The Force Awakens (TFA) is an understatement. Now it is not '83 to '99 but it is '05 to '15. After Revenge of the Sith (ROTS) came out, the Prequels were done and as a Star Wars fan that movie drug was gone and there were rumors of a live action TV show and maybe a cartoons or summing but that was it. 

It all looked bleak, but in August 2008, we got a Clone Wars movie.  It was basically a couple episodes put to together to form a movie and soon thereafter the Clone Wars (Oct 08) was an amazing, wonderful ride between Attack of the Clones (AOTC) and ROTS. Ok, Clone Wars gets cancelled and the last episode leaves you like The Empire Strikes Back  (TESB) and there is so many questions.  Again it just shows the division in the Jedi Order and how Anakin and Ashoka's relationship perfectly and eloquently reflects this division. It came to faithful end in March 2013 it ended ...Lost Missions in Feb 2014...yes sir.  Tells more about Order 66 and how a Clone almost found out the truth.

But back up jusy a smidge, on Oct 30th, 2012 Disney buys Lucas Films for like 4 billion and that day they announce new movies and the Star Wars Universe just explodes. What more movies? Taking a page out of the Marvel book and having a Trilogy and stand alone films.  Fan Boys weep for joy.



In January 2013, J. J. Abrams was announced as the director of Star Wars Episode VII and I think this is where I lost my mind.  I really like what he just did with Star Trek and Super 8 is in Top 10 films of all time.  Trouble in paradise? Script writter Arndt left from the project on October 24, 2013, and Lawarence Kasdan and Abrams take over script duties. Change in vision?? 

On April 29, 2014, - this photo literally broke the internet.

Pretty much the same crew that brought you the Clone Wars is bringing you Star Wars Rebels which launched in September 2014.

On November 6, 2014, the title of the film was announced as Star Wars: The Force Awakens.  This title couldn't be more perfect.  Encaspulates, the essence of Star Wars fandom...it was dormant now it is 

So second-unit filming began in April with principal photography taking place May through November and the date will be December 18th, 2015 in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D.

There is a lot more I can write about the trailers and everything else, but Let's get to the movie.


***Spoilers*** Instead of coming up with this elaborate story and how I think it plays out.  This is again mostly what I think is going to happen and combining on what "internet" says....before I get there, my number one fan boy request is have Boba Fett in the movie.  I know they are making an anthology film on Han Solo so I really hope he is in that but I desperately want to see him in December.

Okay last chance...***spoilers***
Poe Dameron - Oscar Isaac said he is a hot shot pilot.  He is our Wedge for this new series with a touch of Han Solo swagger thrown in there.  I could definitely see a love interest to Rey.  Also, helps out Finn early on to escape 1st Order.
Rey - There is a reason that we don't know her last name.  I believe she is the daughter of Han and Leia and she is also Force Sensitive and be the one to hand the lightsaber to Luke.
Finn - Although we see now Finn holding a lightsaber, this is not a Han Solo thing.  I truly believe he is part of the Awakening and learns that he is not the 1st Order type and he helps Poe to escape.
Han Solo - I believe this is a Han Solo movie and that he is main dude of the movie.  I also think he doesn't make it out of this movie and show him die on screen. Harrison Ford wanted to kill him off in ROTJ so I think he gets his wish this time.
Luke Skywalker - I don't think you see Luke to the end of the film.  I think he is at a demi-God state and he is ridiculously powerful.  He understands what is at stake and pulled a Master Yoda not otherwise intervene and went somewhat in hiding.
Princess Leia - I think she is the leader of the Resistance and her and Han are estranged. I don't want that but could explain why Rey doesn't really know Han.
Captain Phasma - Maybe our Boba Fett of this film.  I see her as a very elite stormtrooper but is also very unorthodoxed methods to her.
Kylo Ren - This guy is not full Sith but understands he wants to be.  He is collector and I believe he is the one that is holding Darth Vader's mask in the trailer.  I think he wants this Darth Vader's lightsaber and he believes is the key for the Sith. Also, son of Han and Leia. I believe he is the one that Kills his father, Han.
General Hux - This is a dice role for me.  I really think he is our Grand Moff Tarkin of the movie.
Supreme Leader Snoke - This is the major I have no idea.  I really wanted this to be Darth Bane as the spirit guiding Kylo.  My guess he is as bad as bad can get just like our Supreme Chancellor Palpatine =). 

So there you have it, my predictions for Force Awakens....we will find out soon enough. Now bring on the toys...Force Friday Eve is upon us.  Next week I am going to tackle, why the Prequels saved ObiWan Kenobi.

No comments: