Sunday, May 13, 2012

Yea, that's my girl!!

It goes without saying as we celebrate Mother's Day that mom's are the glue that hold the family together.  The mom has many roles to do to keep the household running as fine tuned machine.  Although, we take 1 day out of the year to celebrate it is important to recognize more often the other 364 days out of the year.

Mother's Day also reminds me of what a special and unique wife I have in Jennifer.  Jen and I have really just get each other and more so then ever truly appreciate each other completely.  Every once awhile, you have this moment that is just special and God reminds you very clearly that you are meant for each other.

About a month ago, Furrr and I were out shopping and I asked after the various stores to stop at if we can stop at the hobby store.  I haven't been to a hobby store in year or so, but I was getting the itch to get back into it.  Of course, when I asked her this was a calculated move on my part.  I have been researching a r/c car for a while on the internet, but I just wanted to check it out in person. Now Furrr in the past would wait in the car, but this time she came in with me. We walked in the hobby store, check everything out and I made one pass on the shelf and they didn't have the one I was looking for.  I scanned again on more time, just to make sure and there it was in a top right hand corner.  I asked the dude behind the counter if I could see it.  Of course, the one I want is a RTR (Ready to Run) and it was mini, 1/14th scale and comes in this nice little box, so you can see the car and all the fun features it has on the back.  I take a moment to take a look at it and then I hand the box back to the guy, and say "thanks man, I appreciate it".  Then I proceed to walk away...

Then there was this voice "What, aren't you going to get it?".  At first, I thought this was my subconscious speaking, but as I turn, it is my wife.  I was baffled, was I dreaming? Now, there are several other dudes, milling around there business and I pretty much sure, everyone to stopped dead in their tracks and watched this conversation unfold in front of them.  I responded "Are you sure? I really don't have to get it".  Jen responded "It is obviously something you have been looking into so get it"....the weird thing I never even told her I looked on the internet to research the car.  So I turned back to the dude behind the counter, "Well I guess I am getting now!" With smile beaming from my face.   I was in shock, really and it was awesome moment.  I kinda zoned out.  But the other guys around me were baffled too, and were like can you talk to my wife or girlfriend.  It was super funny and flattering at the same time.

There is more to this story, which even makes it more cooler.  My wife went back to the hobby store about 3 weeks later and got me this LiPo battery, basically makes the car more power which make the car go faster, she heard me talking to the guys at the hobby store when we purchased it.  So she went on her own to surprise me, well I apparently Jen was the talk of the hobby store and grew of legends. There were 3 employees there and 2 of them were there when we were there the first time.  And the basically, dude, this is the girl I was talking about, let his husband by the car on the spot.  The employee that wasn't there said to Jen, well it was his first car, right?  And she is like no, I am pretty sure he has like 5 or 6, and there were like ooooh man, that is crazy.

When I got home, that night, Furrr surprised me again with the LiPo battery and charger and was blown away again.  She then told me the story.  God reminded me again, how special of a women, that I have in my life a person who is my best friend and even though she might not get all the stuff I am into, she makes an effort to let me have fun and dream a little bit.

Happy Mother's Day, Jennifer!!!! I love you so much!!!

No comments: